| Season 1, Episode 9 |
#9 in series (201 episodes)
|TV series||The Cosby Show|
|Guest star(s)||Kristoff St. John ... as David James |
Jossie DeGuzman ... as Mrs. Ramos
|Original airdate||November 15, 1984|
|IMDB||How Ugly Is He?|
|Play It Again, Vanessa||Bonjour, Sondra|
How Ugly Is He? is the ninth episode of Season 1 of The Cosby Show, also the ninth overall in the series. The episode was directed by Jay Sandrich and written by John Markus. The episodes originally aired in the United States on NBC on November 15, 1984.
Cliff and Claire are annoyed by Denise's new boyfriend and his arrogant attitude.
Denise has a new boyfriend, David, but is reluctant to bring him home. She fears that Cliff will, like always, make fun of the boy and ruin her chances with him. Cliff and Clair are initially impressed with David until he expresses some unwanted opinions about medicine and the law at dinner. Kristoff St. John plays boyfriend David.
Did You Know?Edit
- Singer/Actress Jossie DeGuzman, who appears in this episode as Mrs. Ramos, of of Dr. Cliff's pregnant patients, Was twice nominated for Broadway's Tony Award: in 1980, as Best Actress (Featured Role - Musical) for a revival of "West Side Story," and in 1992 for Best Actress (Musical) for a revival of "Guys and Dolls."
Episode scene quotesEdit
- Denise Huxtable: So, Daddy, how do you like David?
- Cliff: I don't know if that's him. He hasn't found himself yet.
- Clair Huxtable: Does any of this sound familiar? "How ugly is he?" "Who is his parole officer?" Face it, Cliff. You are ROUGH.
- David James: See, I've been reading Socrates and he believed that true learning comes from just observing the world.
- Theodore 'Theo' Huxtable: Where can I get that book?
- Dr. Heathcliff 'Cliff' Huxtable: You don't read son.
- Theodore 'Theo' Huxtable: Well, maybe there's a movie about it.