| Season 4, Episode 1 |
#75 in series (201 episodes)
|TV series||The Cosby Show|
|Original airdate||September 24, 1987|
|IMDB||Call of the Wild|
|Hillman (Season 3 finale)||Theogate|
Call of the Wild is the season premeire episode of Season 4 of The Cosby Show, also the 75th overall episode in the series. The episode was directed by Jay Sandrich and written by Gary Kott. The episode originally aired in the United States on NBC on September 24, 1987.
The newlywed Sondra and Elvin return from their honeymoon with shocking news for Cliff and Clair: they want to abandon their dreams of being a lawyer and doctor and open an outdoorsman's "wilderness store."
Sondra and Elvin shock Cliff and Clair when they return from their honeymoon camping trip with a surprising announcement. The newlyweds have decided to give up their respective career paths to open a camping store in Brooklyn
Scene excerpt quotesEdit
- Sondra: Mom...
- Clair: Yes?
- Sondra: I'm not going to law school
- Clair: [Trying to be calm] What?
- Sondra: I decided not to go to law school
- Clair: What do you mean you decided not to got to law school?
- Sondra: Well this is our dream. So I'm going to take a temporary job while the Wilderness Store opens then I'll be working side by side with my husband
- Clair: Sondra, what are you saying? You have always wanted to go to law school, you havn't talked about anything else!
- Sondra: I changed my mind.
- Clair: Change it back! After all that money we spent sending you to Princeton? Sondra, you owe US seventy-nine thousand six hundred and forty-eight dollars and twenty-two cents! And I want my money NOW!