| Season 1, Episode 5 |
#5 in series (201 episodes)
|TV series||The Cosby Show|
|Guest star(s)||Kadeem Hardison ... as Phillip Washington |
Cassandra Murray ... as Melissa James
Sonia Bailey ... as Christine
|Original airdate||October 18, 1984|
|IMDB||A Shirt Story|
|Is That My Boy?||Breaking With Tradition|
A Shirt Story is the fifth episode of Season 1 of The Cosby Show. The episode was directed by Jay Sandrich and written by John Markus. The episodes originally aired in the United States on NBC on Thursday October 18, 1984.
Theo gets a shirt that cost too much, so Denise makes him an "Exact" replica.
Theo wants to impress a girl by wearing an expensive shirt by designer Gordon Gartrelle. Since Cliff and Clair will not pay for it, Denise offers to make a copy of the shirt for him.
Did You Know?Edit
- Kadeem Hardison, who years later would portray Dwayne Wayne on the Cosby Show spinoff, A Different World, makes a guest appearance aa Phillip. The name "Gordon Gartrelle" was taken from a staff member, who eventually became a writer/producer for The Cosby Show during the final two seasons of the series.
- The name of the designer of the expensive shirt Theo buys is Gordon Gartrelle, which is actually the name of a producer on The Cosby Show.
Episode scene quotesEdit
- Cliff: No 14 year old boy should have a $95 shirt unless he is on stage with his four brothers.
Is this interesting? | Share this
- Clair: Theo, wear a jacket.
- Theo: And cover my Itchy Amorada?
- Denise: [Theo's complaining about the shirt fitting horribly] Well maybe if you tuck it in a little...
- Theo: [through gritted teeth] It's tucked into my socks!
- Cliff: No 14-year-old boy should have a ninety-five dollar shirt, unless he is on stage with his four brothers!